Saturday, May 31, 2008

Yak and Mercuryboy Beat Human Torch and Me

I didn't have time to write about it yesterday, but when the four of us hit Altadena Golf Course last night, we decided to team up. It was Yakherder and Mercury Boy against the Human Torch and me.

I gave MB control of the camera and he proceeded to film most of the entire day. I haven't even looked at it yet, but here are a few things you can expect:

-Full frontal shanking

-Quite a bit of gratuitous belching on the part of Yak

-As usual, more cursing than you'd see in an episode of Deadwood. (Fair Warning: This clip contains more cursing than you'd see in a typical round on the Altadena Golf Course.) UPDATE: I had to disable the Deadwood link. Upon further review, it was just too foul to subject normal people to. If, however, you really want to see it, just search 'Deadwood swearing' on Youtube and it will be available to you in all its foul-mouthed glory.

-And a number of riveting images of us looking thoughtfully down the fairway as we prepare to put the ball into a tree.

Here's a noteworthy occurrence: Human Torch actually hit a ball into a tree that never came out. If we have video on that, I'll share. If not, you'll have to trust me when I say it was quite an achievement if only the goal of the game were embedding golf balls in trees. Which as far as my understanding goes, it is not.

The match ended in a five-stroke win for the Tag Team combination of Yak Herder and Mercury Boy. To be fair though, they only won on a technicality, that technicality being that we took many, many more strokes than they did to sink the ball. Seriously, you'd have thought that rather than going to Faldo Golf Institute last weekend that HT and I had done an intensive remedial session at Feed and Bathe Yourself State (Go Wildcats!).

On the bright side, we settled down after 5 holes of pure putridity and starting playing decent golf, but it was too little, too late to catch MB and YH. They were like Superfly Jimmy Snuka and Paul Orndorff (by the way, get a load of Snuka's face) and we were like the no-name tomato cans they send in against the champs when they've got to pad out the lineup because Del Taco loaded up on extra commercial spots that week.

Finally, a new contest is upcoming this week, and I'm up for suggestions...

3 comments:

Yakherder said...

I made a conscious effort to avoid cursing so as not to disturb Mercuryboy. Although I do recall making liberal use of the word "Fart" as a mid-speech replacement for what I originally intended to say.

If you guys intend to golf with me again in the future, I'd have you know I am of the opinion that belching, unlike profane speech, must never be censored.

Jim McCarthy said...

Belching won't (and frankly can't) be censored.

Did you know that in some cultures, belching is done to show your appreciation for how much you're enjoying the golf course? It's true.

Tommy Mac said...

*Buuurrrrrrrrp*