Wednesday, June 18, 2008

And He Hits Dirt...

From the other day, here's a clip of Mercuryboy giving color commentary on Human Torch's swing.



At least at this stage in history, kids don't immediately and instinctively go into Howard Cosell-mode when they do pretend sports commentating. When I was Mercuryboy's age, by default, you'd imitate Cosell, without even really knowing why. Were you mocking him? Were you paying tribute to him because he was the standard? Was he using mind control to force you to talk like him, or worse yet, was he perhaps speaking through you, like a puppet. A big meaty puppet.

Thank God the young generation has broken this vicious cycle of oppression...

(BTW, CELTIC PRIDE! Which I will express with this slightly racist cartoon figure. I mean, all that little Irishman needs is a whiskey bottle in his hand instead of a basketball and he'd qualify for the Stereotypes Hall of Fame.)

5 comments:

Tommy Mac said...

I think I'd take the dirt over the actual shot... lol

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tommy! I love your nephews delayed commentary. :-) Also, Go Celtics!

Amy Ubele Brown said...

Yeah Tommy! I love your nephews delayed commentary. :-) Also, Go Celtics!

cathy said...

you play golf like a giiiiiirl :/

Tommy Mac said...

I'm sure the female golfers out there really appreciate that Cathy, thanks.. lol :)

It's okay, your show will be on soon enough and everyone can watch you get flour all over you!! ;)